Monday, February 14, 2011

AHHHH...Valentines day! What these EMM's REALLY love!



     Valentines day.  What a special day it is!  It's that one amazing day a year when your man is forced into being romantic; and never disappoints (pffffff....thats a "ya right" kind of sound) the day your children walk around thanking you for your love, your kindness, your thoughtfulness and then proceed to clean your house and rub your feet.  The flower delivery van never passes by your house on this day, and even the dog sits at your feet and stares at you with longing in his heart! (or maybe that is because his food bowl has been empty for 3 days??)

     Today we wanted to share with you some of the things that  Earth Monkey moms love.  We all know that a page could easily be filled with talking about the love for our kids, our hunky men, our families or even having the best business partner in the world!  (that is from Gena) But today, we want to draw you into a deeper love, the type that can only come from the joys of motherhood!!!



I love...
  • When it only takes me 3 trips to get all of the garbage out of my car (for real!)

  • The exercise I get when I walk circles around my house picking up, time and time and time again

  • Anyone that replaces empty toilet paper or paper-towel rolls

  • The light in my bathroom that turns on by itself when I get up in the middle of the night

  • Shorts that reach my knees

  • Long t-shirts...wait, sensing a theme...

  • crock pot meals! No last minute rushing or intense clean up

  • Garlic, coconut oil and chia seeds! {Umm this is obviously from Gena... I have no clue What a flippen "Chia Seed" is..L:)}

  • Considering its not just an urban legend; I love the bottom of my laundry bin!

  • Nap time, bed time, or any other time that is defined by kids being asleep.

  • An empty sink (again, only if this is not another urban legend!)

  • Finding a tissue in my pocket and realizing its not full of boogers.

  • Lysol wipes, lysol spray, lysol cleaner, lysol air freshener.  {Note: we are both potty training boys!}

  • Underwear that don't ride up, and that my husband just might want to see me in! {Editors Note:if you find any of these, please let us know what they are!}

  • Coffee at 6:00 am...Americano at 2:00 pm...wine at 6:00 pm

  • Toms shoes!  This is a for real LOVE!!! Seriously, no mom should be without a pair...or ten!

  • The mini vacation that I get when I go to my drier and I have to add 20 more minutes before I have to fold it.

  • Shampoo with a pump

  • Kleenex that actually pops up when you pull one out

  • Clean sheets (pfffff...that't the "ya right" sound again!)

  • The two times a year my windows are clean for 3 minutes so I can enjoy our view. {Warning: don't move into a house with floor to ceiling windows and three young boys... it will drive you to drink}

  • Nap time... sweet unadulterated nap-time!

  • When my pants actually fit and I don't have to do the "mommy tuck" everytime I sit down. {Oh what's that ? You don't know what a "mommy tuck" is? It's a term my friend Lauren coined for adjusting our flabby guts over our too tight jeans when we sit}  {Note added onto the note: this is obviously from Lindsay because I have no idea what a "mommy tuck is!  HEHEHEHE!...G} {NOTE added to Note added to Note... Gena shut your skinny trap... that does not endear you to our readers... it makes them want to break your twig legs!}

  • Anything dipped in batter and deep fried... hence having to do the "Mommy Tuck".

  • When my two year old actually makes it to the toilet and doesn't just stare at me while he takes care of bidness on the living room floor!

  • The sound of kids laughing, singing, or saying "I wub you sooo much!"

We want to know what you love, share with us below!!  And as always, we appreciate it when you pass us along to your 500 best friends!  And one other favor...could you click the About.com 2011 link on the side and vote for us!  We really want to win this one...THANKS!!!


































2 comments:

Ms. Jessi said...

I'm so with you on the "mommy tuck" (c-sections a b*$#@)!! As far as Toms shoes...don't they slip off the back of your heels?? 'Cause, I want a pair and that's all they do on me.
My love: That I found such a great blog! ;)

Earth Monkey Moms said...

Well thanks, hehe:):) I LOVE my toms and am getting ready to order a new pair this week... they feel like slippers to me and haven't slipped off my heals at all... maybe you should try a different size?? IDK but Gena bought me some and it was one of the best gifts I have ever gotten:):) Linz:)

Post a Comment