Monday, February 28, 2011

Oldies but goodies! Diggin into the archives...

You know those moments where your plate is so full that if someone put one more thing on it, you would throw it across the room it would tip over?  Well, for me, I had one last week.  I texted Lindsay something to the tune of "I am tuning out before I loose my mind.  I can't blog, facebook, email, or do anything Earth Monkey related.  My kids, my husband and my house need me.  I am fried"  And after she pulled out some more of her own hair (without telling me of course) she graciously and lovingly "gave me the week off".  I'm sure that none of you noticed I was MIA or even missed me for that matter, but like it or not, I am back!  So now that Lindsay is completely fried from caring the burden of single handedly entertaining millions, she came up with a great idea.  So here it is...

Oldies but goodies
For those times when crazy just needs to be turned down a notch,  (I'm stealing her words), we will    pick a post from the archives that for some reason or another, we liked...because this is a much simpler solution to one of us loosing our minds!  So excuse me a moment while I go find something!  
Ok, I'm back.  So apparantly my post today is going to be full of plagerism because I am inspired to just share a short post that I did last year, and it is just a saying. I guess "just a saying" doesnt do it full justice.  I think this is so important that if we all believed it and lived by it, our world, or at least our homes would look a lot different.  So today I am reminding myself of what is important, and I hope that you all get a little punch in the gut  gentle reminder too.


The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.  Charles R. Swindoll


So there you go.  Put it on your bathroom mirror, email it to your husband (although that could backfire...) put it in the staff room at work.  Today, I am committed to this, and tomorrow I will wake up and try to live it again....after coffee!  And if you have a saying that inspires, motivates, or makes you laugh, could you "comment" it  below for us???  We all need it!  


Just a couple of reminders...check out the "casting call" announcement to the right...we are looking for one adorable monkey to represent Earth Monkeys!  (we figure you are tired of seeing ours all the time!)



1 comments:

Earth Monkey Moms said...

Wel were so glad you're here... won't don't get too many dads around here, but we're happy to have you and we hope you can relate:):)

Post a Comment