Friday, January 21, 2011

In the land of Katie…I am queen (and you are too!!)



     I am a queen. I rule a space. It’s a small space, but in it I am powerful. There are three others in my space. They are the three most wonderful people in my world. One of them is strong, one of the strongest men I have ever met. He is passionate for justice and defends the ones he loves. He woos me with his eyes, heals my heart with a touch. He is king of this space. The smaller ones are beautiful. They are impressionable, teachable, and admire me. Some days they get angry with me, but even in their anger they call my name. They will do great things. They are my little ones.


And these three people, strong and powerful and beautiful and impressionable are under my control. My facial expressions and actions warn them of my attitude. And my attitude controls the day they will have. How they will interact with everyone else for the rest of the day.


My words are powerful.  Whether in anger or in peace, I speak over them each day. I have the power to speak blessing, or to speak a curse. I have the power over how they see themselves. Over how they treat themselves. Over how they see yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  I can make the king question himself, doubt himself, and lose hope. I can make the little ones angry, fearful, hopeless. Or I can give breath to their hopes and dreams and visions.


With one word. ONE. WORD. I can undo all I have built in them. Destruction can come at the slip of my tongue.


Or with many words I can breathe life into my space. I can heal the wounds inflicted by the outside word. I can mend the brokenness, chase away the fear, scare away the shadows and doubts. I can wield the weapon I have been given in defense of these ones, my family, my space. I can bless them when the world curses them. I can speak anointing over their todays and tomorrows, blessing even their futures, protecting what the world will try to steal from them. Hope.


For the king, I help him repair the breaks in his foundation. Pulling the arrows out of his back, binding his wounds, and blessing him again and again so he can go back out and do what God has called him to do. For these little ones, I am building their foundation, ever day, brick after brick, writing my words on each part. Speaking the blessing of our God over their minds and hearts so that those words, hidden away now, will come back later when needed most.


There are witnesses from afar of what I do, but only these three know my personal touch, the sound of my voice, the sweat and tears of my work. No one else really knows. Some days I work without being seen, some days I toil weaving the strands of eternity into all of their hearts when even they do not notice. My prayers ward off the enemy and cleanse the dirt from them when they come through my door. When I wipe away the little tears or soothe away the sickness in the middle of night, no one but God sees.


I am the queen of this space. Doing what no one else can do here. Fulfilling my destiny within these walls, actions going unseen by the world, but not by God, and not by these three. These three will touch hundreds of others. These three will and are doing great things for my God, the lover of my soul.


I am grateful to God for mercy and grace and second chances. To start anew each day. For forgiveness. For time. For each second. My goal is hope, life, giving my best, learning to love, learning to forgive, lives testifying to the truth of Jesus. This is where I want them to look, and so that is where I
set my eyes on. Not on my imperfections and not 
on my failings, but on hope and joy and the responsibility of this task I have been given. Love lived out every day. The love of the Father above manifested in my space.


We are the queens of our spaces. Our rules and decrees affect these wonderful people in our sphere of influence. Our tongues have the power of life and death. With our word and actions we bring blessing and curses. What are we putting into the hearts of the ones we love the most?



Please check out more of Katies inspiring and insightful words at: http://ristowswife.wordpress.com/