Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tater Tots in the Cupboard and 7 other red flags that your life needs less "Crazy"

Yesterday I was frantically searching for some "babies" (aka the cotton balls my three year old must have in his ears or between his toes at all times:) Anyway, I had been missing a bag of tater tots and to my surprise while searching for some "babies" in the cupboard above the fridge I found the warm mushy bag of tator-tots that had been destined for the freezer days before.



My head just isn't in the game. I've talked to like four other moms in the last week who agree that balancing work, family, love and life is a HUGE challenge. So how do we balance it all??? How do we pursue our passions (wether it's work, volunteering or projects around the house) and not completely ignore entire sections of our lives??? It seems like someone or something is continually neglected. Husbands get whiney, kids start acting even crazier than normal and the laundry .... ohhh the laundry...



I don't know what the answer is, but I know that something has to be done to counteract the crazy around here... the saying that women can have it all (family, career, and a great marriage) seems like a big old fatty lie to me... While I don't have the answer, here are seven RED FLAGS that your life might be just as out of balance as mine...

1) When you get so frustrated you decide to take clippers to the sides of your head and pull a Sharon Stone... only you're not Sharon Stone and you end up with a "mommy mullet"... oh wait is that just me?



2) When your three year old says everyday for a week, "Dis house id messy, when you gunna to cwean it?"



3) When your laundry pile is taller than your oldest child. Not exaggerating mine is pushing about 4' tall right now...



4) When your children have worn their pajamas for three days in a row. Don't judge me, like it's never happened to you!



5) When you've had to take off the lower quarter of your bathroom sink to remove the toothbrush, tweezers and giant wads of TP your children shoved down the drain while entertaining themselves for 5 minutes.



6) When you've worn the same make-up for two days and instead of washing your face you just wipe the raccoon eyes off with lotion and apply more where needed... Don't gasp at me! I can name at least 5 of you right now who have done the exact same thing... If I have to I'll name names:)



7) When one of your children colors the bottom half of your NEW fridge with a bright blue Sharpie... Still no words... at least none that I can share here.



I don't really know how I get myself into these completely overwhelming, stupid, crazy situations... All I know is that it's time to clean up the aftermath of hurricane "I bit off more than I can chew" and figure out how in the heck I'm going to work, cook, clean (bwahahaha), wipe butts, pay bills, be a mommy and "keep my husband happy"...  So starting riiiiight nnnnnnow mama's jumping off the crazy train and and saying no to what doesn't actually have to be done in order for my family to survive.... that doesn't mean we'll be getting out of our jammies anytime soon though:)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

God bless you Lindz!

momwhoprays05 said...

I've heard hair spray and a scrubbie can take sharpie off counter tops...maybe that will work on your fridge? Hang in there mama you should see my laundry piles sometimes!

Post a Comment