Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Their younger years! (disclaimer: if you are one who does not like to talk about poop or anything relating to poop, do not read!)





Recently l spent an evening at the Earth Monkey Mom Clothing Exchange. I overhear a mom talking with Linz about how she loved the blog, and that being a first time mom sometimes her days are hard and it was great to have other moms to relate to. I feel so far from what she was talking about now that my kids are older, but it took me back to a time when my 3 were little and here is where my story starts. I call this.......



"The Story of Jack"


So I have now been a parent for 9+ years, we all have our stories but one day stands out very vivid in my mind.... At that time my kids were almost 5,3 & almost 1. My oldest, max was in pre school so during his school times, nearly every week I would have play dates with my friends Jeni and Stacia, whom both had one child at the time. So it was me, Jack and my baby Elie hanging out. We had been working really hard to get Jack potty trained, he was 31/2, which I felt was ridiculous. Jack had been playing in a little room when I noticed his wet pants, and let me tell ya, I was instantly set off! "Jack, why did you pee your pants? Why didn't you tell mommy?" So I drag him in the bathroom, so annoyed, here we go again! But Jack had more to offer then a pair of wet pants. (This is where the story gets gross) My little man had pooped his pants, but this was no normal situation. His poop had somehow formed itself into a ball, baseball size to be exact! (no exaggeration!) So I spend a moment trying to figure out the best way to maneuver this thing, I shimmy the undies off trying to avoid the "ball" rolling down his legs, hold the "ball" in the undies

like a sling and gently roll it out into the toilet. Problem 2: my dear friend Jeni lived in a new house, one with low flow toilets in it, you get where I am going? Well Jack's "ball" was not in the water so I had to get it there....

  How you ask?






I grab a handful of tp and caress the "ball" down into the water. (editors note: I just spit my drink out of my nose picturing Kim "caressing a poop ball!") 





     And then came problem 3: This is when I realized, "this thing is wayyy too big to flush!!" So I pull myself together, exit the bathroom and ask my friend if she has anything I can cut it with.......Yes, I was going to cut up the "ball"! And let me tell ya, Jeni, was quite accommodating, even through her and Stacia's laughter. 
     I took my plastic knife and went in and tackled the "ball"! In disbelief that this is what my life was, I was cutting up my child's crap. Anyway I left her house that day in tears, mentally exhausted! I remember feeling like it was one of the worst days in being a parent I had experienced... 
But now I can tell that story and laugh nearly every time, 
because it IS funny. 
It just wasn't at the time. These difficult days may possibly break you, at the time, but they will leave you with a memory of that child FOREVER! Also, those difficult kids have their own timing. That is one thing I have learned about Jack, he will do it, but it will be when he wants to. (example: potty training, bike riding, swimming etc. getting dressed,pretty much anything!) And they will strike again! This Memorial weekend I had to cut yet another turd in our trailer, somehow this one came out sideways! The first to get a text from me, Jeni and Stacia, because I knew they would appreciate it!


Honestly without the difficult times, what would we have to talk about? This is such a short time in your life, and one day you will look at that child and think he is the smartest, funniest little turd in the world!







 For those that are new around here...our guest contributor Kim,






Is a married mother of three very "active" children. She manages an Italian restaurant and in one of the original "Saucy Sisters". Saucy Sisters is a sauce and salad dressing company that produces fresh sauces with bold flavors. Striving to make the home cook look like a genius, the Saucy Sisters will take your kitchen to a whole new level!
You Can find Saucy Sisters products at:
Redrock Italian Eatery
               The Rogue Valley Growers Market 
(during Market season)
 Soon in a grocery store near you!
                                      Visit their website at: www.saucy-sisters.com and
                                    "Like" Saucy Sisters on FB


Every post is more fun with a giveaway! So share this EMM blog on your page, "like" Saucy Sisters, come tell us that you did both and one lucky random winner will win one of our great sauces!!!