Friday, September 23, 2011

{An Extreme Journey}... Why Us?




Photo by Tara Behnke
To my wonderful, amazing, incredible, talented, family, friends and community...


From the overwhelmingly beautiful moment when Ty, Paige, Ed, Jeff and Pauly (and the entire EM:HE crew) knocked on our door, to the emotionally surreal "reveal"... I feel like I have been asking God one question... Why us?



Hearing the amazing stories of out of work contractors who volunteered and sacrificial giving in it's purest form almost makes me weep... Why us Lord? And even now as I type in the most amazing living room I could have ever imagined... I am thinking ... this is too much... Why Us Lord?


There were so many people who came and served with their own inspirational stories... so many who came gave more than they really had to give. At least one amazing angel I know for sure was actually homeless, she made a cross necklace for us out of nails and wire as she watched a home being built for a family she didn't know... Why Us Lord??


Of course I don't have the answer... your comments and emails have been so encouraging but I feel like I should make it clear ...we know we're not deserving of such a gift... no one really is. My friend Nikki put it so well the other day when she said, "receive & enjoy it for the gift that it is from God, all grace from his endless goodness, not because you deserve it."


My mom just read me a devotional about 2 Samuel 23... where David is so thirsty his men cross enemy lines to get him water from the well at Bethlehem... when they came back he couldn't drink it because it was too great of a gift for himself... he had to pour it out for the Lord. 


This idea of pouring out a monumental blessing has consumed me... this house... this gift ... your sacrificial blessing for our family... is not deserved, but it has been received with overwhelming joy and gratitude. Now all we can do is continue to "pour it out" as a blessing for our friends and family... our community and most of all for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his Kingdom.


I get that not all of you who read this share my faith in such a mighty and forgiving God... but you have to know I couldn't share this experience without sharing what he has done in me through it. Seeing each of you in photos and on the news working for our family is like watching God's love in action. I don't know why God chose us for such a tremendous gift... just know this is only the start to the EXTREME Journey we GET to be apart of, and we are so immensely blessed to see where He will take us next!



I also want to give a HUGENORMOUS thank you to all of you amazing EMM's. You can't know how amazing it feels to be loved and supported by so many incredible moms! I love you with all of my heart!!



Ark Built Renovations headed up by Rush Behnke and Ken Snelling and The Dream Team thought up this up this lavishly beautiful amazing breathtaking project... These men are the most amazing examples of God's grace, love and mercy... not only are they so incredibly talented... but they are people we should all strive to be like. We love you and your families so much, seeing God in you has changed us at our core and inspired us in ways you'll never know!



We have made some amazing friends from the Extreme Team, and we are so blessed that you considered us worthy of such a gift... we won't let you down... we will pay it forward. God has used you in a mighty way to change our family's legacy and to unite the most amazing community on earth! Thank you!



Love With All Of our Hearts and Souls,



The McPhail's


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful Lindsay, I love how your family is receiving this blessing from God for what it is, none of us are deserving of anything from the Lord, but every good and perfect gift comes from Him! You guys have touched and blessed so many people, God has used you guys greatly and will continue to do so, I for one can't wait to see else He has for your family and how else He is going to use you guys. :) I too was blessed to be able to help with the build and the emotions of watching everyone pour themselves into this home for your family was overwhelming. What a beautiful experience for all! :) God bless your new home and your family!!

Sarah Werner

Tami Campos said...

What a beautiful post full of gratitude. I too was blessed to be able to help with your home & meet so many people who adore you guys, including CJ's parents who were so gratefully as well!!! You guys definitely deserved this in my opinion as I know you will continue to pay it forward so long as you shall live. God bless you McPhail's xoxo

Shell said...

Lindsey,
The above post explains exactly why you were chosen to receive such a wonderful gift, because the Lord knew you would give Him the Glory and use it for His good. He has put the talents in your hands and is excited to see what you will do with it to further His kingdom. Because of His goodness and grace and because you and CJ are good and faithful servants is exactly why you are in the place you are. Enjoy every moment, continue to seek His face and will and your life indeed will be one of the most Extreme Journeys imaginable!! I will be praying for you... all my love,
Michelle G

Post a Comment