Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life is an adventure…Unless you have to pee on the airplane!









     Todays post is being written on 4 hours of sleep after being awake for 20 hours..Traveling for 12 hours and 3 hours of jet lag…Oh and getting up and working for 9 hours,  I can hear my son crying for me, he dosent want to go to sleep, and sleep is all I want to do!  So hang in there with me, I’m going to quickly share my adventure, (due to fatigue…it may or may not make any sense!)
     My Daughter and I got a great opportunity to travel across the U.S to Massachusets to spend some time with her grandmas family.  It was a great time!  She is an amazing traveler, and I’m pretty sure that with all of the flying time, she complained a lot less than I did!  I don’t enjoy flying…Can I just side track for a moment??  Ok, so whoever came up with the lame idea of the “mile high club” has NEVER taken a 5 year old to go pee in one of those miniscule bathrooms!  I dont even want to be in one of those alone, let alone with another adult doing anything!…K sorry…Anyway, we had a chance to see some of the local sights and experience some history.  Her highlight was the butterfly conservatory where she stood like a statue for several minnutes several times to try to get one to land on her.  Well they wouldnt and so at one point I found a dead one, put it on her head, got all excited and started taking pictures!  Dont ever tell her I did that!
 We went to where Yankee Candle was started and explored a “store” equivelent to Disneyland..snow that fell and all.
     So my only point I want to make today is that our trip inspired me to make my kids lives full of adventure.  We wont be able to fly across the country or even to another state often, but I can think of so many ways to give them great memories.  There are always little adventures that are in our city, neighborhood or backyard.  Even when I dont have a lot of money to spend, I want to always be looking for ways to bless my kids with little adventures.
     So I’m sorry, this is the best I can do today.  Lindsay can save the world on no sleep, but not me friends!  My brain needs all the help it can get..Not to mention my red eyes and the gnarly bags that have appeared!  I’m off to get some beauty sleep!   Good night, sleep tight.
     Oh and by the way…I would love to hear some of the ways that you create adventure for your kids, even if its just in your backyard.