Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun... And So Do Moms Darn It!!



OK, so mornings around here are almost comical they are so hectic and crazy, I have to laugh or I will cry. Usually somewhere between 4:30 and 5 the kids are up jumping on us, prying our eyes open with their chubby little fingers. We try to get them to “snug” with us as long as possible and only roll out of bed after someone’s diaper has exploded, or sibling rivalry has commenced to such a point that someone is about to be shanked with a broken toy.



This morning within minutes of making lunches and breakfast and shooing my husband and older son out the door I heard.. “POOP!” …I wish they were just using slang, but not my oh so literal boys… Crew had ripped off his diaper and pooped and peed across the entire kitchen floor… but hey, at least it was in the kitchen, usually I just head straight for the carpet cleaner when I hear that. To make things even a little crazier, I was working on getting a friend some info on Earth Monkeys for an article she’s writing … my brain was foggy (well, that and I had to get up every 30 seconds to “help” my kids share) anyway,  it had taken forever to get the wording just how I wanted it, when I got up for the seven thousandth time in a 5 minute period, I forgot to hit save and my 2 year old snuck in and unplugged the computer. I had to just keep saying, ” happy place, happy place… go to your happy place… just smile… don’t scream.” I’m sure I looked like a crazed lunatic with an eerie serial killer type smile plastered on my face.

Ahhh… so what’s my point?  I know I’m not alone with the poop, and the shanking, and the crying and the craziness of life. I know I’m not the only one who feels like there is actually not one second of the day that I can have to myself for anything.

I have really been trying to work out daily… my husband goes to the gym and that’s just not possible for me. I tell myself all day, “As soon as _____ is done, then I can work out.” But the truth is, I hate it and end up not doing it at all. So I came up with a solution… (that doesn’t usually happen to me:)) The other night a bunch of us EMM’s went to a halloween party and danced like CRAZY… my legs hurt for two days, it was so much fun.

80s night
  

Yesterday, after my dvd player died so I couldn’t do a Jillian workout (darn:)), and I slammed my own head in the door (don’t ask), I was about to say ffff-orget it, the kids were going nuts and I knew I couldn’t do the elliptical and still have two of them when I was done. So, I just cranked up iTunes, grabbed the kids and my weights and rocked it for 25 minutes. They had a blast, and I was dripping sweat by the end… plus it gave me a chance to work on perfecting my awesome 80’s dance moves…ahahaha.



dance wo
                            

Sooo today I am leaving you with a little gift… play the song, (yes it’s Miyley Cyrus… but I love her and I won’t hide it any longer:)) because Girls just wanna have fun and it’s a GRREEEAAATT song to dance to. Grab some weights or pick up that chubby baby and break it down!! This may be the only chance you get to work out all day!



1 comments:

Earth Monkey Moms said...

Loved this!!! I have to say though that being and old girl...Cindy would have rocked the house much better than Milly, Myle, Mile...Oh whatever her name is!

Post a Comment